Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Overcoming Goliath...

Dear Lord,
We're here to love You, to obey you, to glorify You. O my Beloved may I be a joy to You!
Today thankfulness comes from having the privilege of being able to pour into my sweet family, as much as laundry, and dishes and cleaning and schooling can get tiresome, I am amazed at how each morning the Lord renews us and gives us grace for another day - how privileged we are to be entrusted with the life of another - at times I am overwhelmed with the joy that my children bring me, but other times I am overwhelmed with how much heartache we can cause each other as human beings.  On my first trip to  Zimbabwe I was in awe when we got to see giraffes - I had never before seen a real live one that close, they are so beautiful and statuesque, I almost expected Noah to be standing around the corner next to the ark! But how much more beautiful and worthy of our admiration is the One who created our children and all living things. Gods promises are always true, He never has and never will fail us or cause us heartache or dissapointment, when man seems to fail you, look to the One who will never fail you, who will never dissapoint you or let you down!

Aren't you grateful for the delight and privilege of praising our wonderful God, the most beautiful and generous and trustworthy of all beings!
Today I choose to trust the Lord, to remember His promises and to listen and be reminded of the Goliath's He has overcome in mine and my families life, today I lift up friends who also face their own Goliath's who maybe need to be reminded that the Lord is faithful and trustworthy and His promises are always true.
 
As we continue on our journey to sell our home and trust the Lord to provide financially for a big journey with our young children, in just over 4 months, may I ask you to partner with us in prayer and petition the Lord with us to give us the patience needed in the process, to trust His timing and provision and to be sensitive to what He (not what we feel) He is calling us to. 
 
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5

No comments:

Post a Comment